Am 02/19/17 um 04:38 schrieb Hervé BOUTEMY:
> then I'm not sure checking rules on what is inside an artifact while
> publishing in Central is the right thing to do: we don't do it currently
> (checking that package names are consistent with groupId), then I feel we
> should not do it either for module info

If we would have checked that, there would not be this "redundant class
files on class path coming from different coordinates" issue.

> it's just a basic convention for normal cases, that will be applied more than
> 90% of time: and there will be less than 10% of time where discrepency will
> happen, due to some special cases in code life
> As usual

Issue with the module names is the same as with the package or
classnames. They can be deployed to different coordinates and then
produce conflicts later when consumed. If we can avoid this with module
names, we should.

Christian