Stephen, so you avoided the duplicates.
I have questions.

Is it really necessary to keep duplicates of system properties in
*List<String>** args*?
Is it necessary to pass ordered duplicates to CLI Manager and to rely on
CLI Manager to take care of removing duplicates?
*CommandLine config = cliManager.parse( args.toArray( new
String[args.size()] ) );*
It looks like distributed functionality over two classes.
Is it better to find the previous system property and replace it in the way
as I did in Surefire?