Hi,

I've got a question from Remi Forax if we could add Java9 module descriptors to this project. This will be one of the first which can provide such descriptors since it has no required dependencies other then its own and its package structure seems valid with the new Java9 rules.

We haven't discussed this in general yet, but we have several projects which are at the bottom of the dependency tree which should provide either a module name or module descriptor when possible.

Do we want to help the community by having already several libraries with a module descriptor?

Or we could add a Automatic-Module-Name to the MANIFEST.MF, so others can refer to it by its official module name and we can add the descriptor once Java9 has officially been released. (pro: doesn't require Java 9 :) )

Or do nothing yet...

thanks,
Robert