Am 2017-09-10 um 19:07 schrieb Stephen Connolly:
Hervé and I discussed on irc earlier today.

My suggestion - I was going to write up tomorrow - is that we drop 7 for
3.6.x

We should focus 3.6.x on making the codebase Java 8 (lambdas, replace
File____Stream with the non-file handle leak version, adopt Path, etc) with
a view to encourage contributions... and best support for Java 9 (such that
if you run j9 we recommend 3.6.x)

This will take months to properly rewrite Maven core. I'd rather see this for Maven 4 and continue to polish Maven with 3.5.x, 3.6.x, etc.

Unless no one will do this within a short timeframe, I see no benefit here.