On Sun 31 Dec 2017 at 00:02, Hervé BOUTEMY <herve.bout...@free.fr> wrote:

> Le dimanche 31 décembre 2017, 00:04:59 CET Olivier Lamy a écrit :
> > works fine (on my machine :-) )
> > OSX + java 1.8.0_121
> ok, I had a deeper look: the IT expects a warning that exists with Java 8
> (missing @param) but not Java 7 (more permissive on documentation)
> I added a serialwarn: this causes a warning in Java 7 also, then fixes the
> IT
>
> There is no issue on my machine any more :)
>

> > Well TBH I'm a bit lost with Jenkins result display....
> >
> https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/Maven/job/maven-box/job/maven-javado
> > c-plugin/job/master/
> >
> > what are all the open tasks links?
> was supposed to be fixed after Jenkins plugin upgrade this week
> @Stephen is this a known issue?

I may have to tweak the shared lib also. It will be Tuesday before I turn
on my Mac

> > I'm even more lost If I look at a build result
> >
> https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/Maven/job/maven-box/job/maven-javado
> > c-plugin/job/master/3/ changes are duplicated
> > junit result says failure
> >
> https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/Maven/job/maven-box/job/maven-javado
> > c-plugin/job/master/3/testReport/ but looking at failed test result says
> > passed
> >
> https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/Maven/job/maven-box/job/maven-javado
> >
> c-plugin/job/master/3/testReport/org.apache.maven.plugins.javadoc/JavadocRep
> > ortTest/testJavadocResources/
> >
> > As I can understand all build logs (linux/windows with different jdks)
> are
> > totally mixed up all together
> >
> https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/Maven/job/maven-box/job/maven-javado
> > c-plugin/job/master/3/consoleFull TBH it a really big pain to read!! I
> don't
> > want to spend hours on that..... So after wasting a bit of time it looks
> > the build is failing on windows only
> it seems it's another completely unrelated issue to mine, which was
> related to
> Java 7 not getting any warning on an IT that expected a warning
>

> > [windows-jdk8] [WARNING] The following builds failed:[windows-jdk8]
> > [WARNING] *  detectLinks\pom.xml
> >

> > [windows-jdk7] [WARNING] The following builds failed:
> >
> > [windows-jdk7] [WARNING] *  detectLinks\pom.xml
> >

> > Honestly the current jenkins result is complicated to use....
> when the reseult is a passing build, it's perfect, but I confirm that when
> there is a failure, it's a pain to understand where is the failure (which
> OS/
> jdk, which test)
> and eventually detect if there are false positives on some conditions...

So there are two issues imho:

1. Fast fail kills other parallel executions in such a way that they report
as failed. I’d like them to flag as aborted instead. That would make
identification from the stage view or blue ocean easier.

2. The parallel logs. This is a pipeline design decision. You are better
off viewing logs through stage view or blue ocean.

> > And as far I can see SNAPSHOT are not anymore deployed whereas they were
> > deployed previously.
> > IMHO it's very convenient as some users test our fixes....
> @Stephen adding auto-deploy for master branch could make sense, isn't it?

I really think auto-deploy of snapshots is an anti-pattern. If we want it
to be for CI only in a CI dedicated repo, I can find that acceptable... but
otherwise I really hate the idea.