On Sun 4 Feb 2018 at 18:35, Tibor Digana <tibordig...@apache.org> wrote:

> So we are on the same way. Shortly speaking both options should build
> modules in the same way but the exit code should be a difference.
> This is problem in my company: We want to execute all unit tests of all
> modules but the compiler should not complain since the classes are pretty
> consistent and can be compiled. We want to get entire picture of all unit
> tests and Exit Code should be 1 due to the tests fail.

So to my mind, fail-never is something different.

With fail-never all the mojo executions are attempted, so *in theory*
downstream modules may still be able to build.

With fail-at-end, a module fails but we do not stop independent modules
from success.

What we want is a halfway house, where we continue executing phases after
the failed goal and then fail at the end if any phase failed at all