When we had the “big reset” I asked for seconding before merging as the
priority was to get a functioning release out.

IMHO outside of burndown towards a release, a successful CI build of the
branch, providing the branch is fast-forward mergable (not that we actually
do a fast forward merge - merge policy being a separate topic, just that
all commits are on top of master without rebasing) should be all that is
required to merge (the release manager, ie whoever steps up to do a
release, may revert any problematic merges when time comes to actually
release)

Once a release manager has stepped up and declared the start of a
burn-down... in that case seconding should apply.

Wdyt?

(Ps I haven’t declared burn down for core *yet*, but I will in the next
week or two)
--
Sent from my phone