Does it make sense to move some of the archetypes to their matching project?

For example, Why not move maven-archetype-plugin to the maven-plugin project.
This should make it easier to maintain to to keep it up to date.

thanks,
Robert

On Tue, 13 Mar 2018 07:52:18 +0100, Hervé BOUTEMY <herve.bout...@free.fr> wrote:

Le mardi 13 mars 2018, 07:25:01 CET Enrico Olivelli a écrit :
Il mar 13 mar 2018, 00:45 Hervé BOUTEMY <herve.bout...@free.fr> ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> I updated Maven Archetypes a lot
> http://maven.apache.org/archetypes-archives/archetypes-LATEST/
>
> The last update to do is on the profile archetype:
> see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MARCHETYPES-56
> Can someone help on it, please?

I does seem a simple task,
yes, it should not be complex: just need to make something that represents a useful use case

if you write some points to guide me and there
is not much hurry I will happy to find the cycles to work on this.
the source code is in svn (until INFRA has time to migrate to Git...) and there is a Git mirror available on GitHub :https://github.com/apache/maven-archetypes/ then you can submit updates either as a patch or zip file attached to Jira or as a Github PR As any archetype, the source of the generated project is in src/main/resources/archetype-resources and src/main/resources-filtered And if you update src/test/resources/projects/it-basic/goal.txt content, building the archetype will make a generation of a project from the SNAPSHOT archetype: it's an easy way to have a check that the archetype generates working projects

Regards,

Hervé

Enrico

> Regards,