Le mardi 13 mars 2018, 19:57:01 CET Robert Scholte a écrit :
> Does it make sense to move some of the archetypes to their matching
> project?
>
> For example, Why not move maven-archetype-plugin to the maven-plugin
> project.
> This should make it easier to maintain to to keep it up to date.
maven-archetype-archetype is one of the rare exceptions that could be done,
why not.

But on others, there are 2 issues:
1. some plugins are monomodule: changing them to multi-module just for that
seems overkill, and it would change documentation site structure
2. some archetypes don't have one natural plugin but multiple: j2ee, portlet,

the current state of archetypes is now really good: we have even ITs that
execute a project creation as part of build, then I don't expect maintenance
will be hard now

Regards,

Hervé