I found differences of enabled JANSI between Windows/Ubuntu regarding
combination with "-B".
This is minimum configuration per platform if you want to enable JANSI
together with using -B:
Windows: mvn -B -Dstyle.color=always
Ubuntu: mvn -B -Dstyle.color=always and MAVEN_OPTS=-Djansi.force=true

Was this configuration in plan?

Cheers
Tibor