yes it's strange. With Jenkins I had the same problem.
I had to use a pipeline script like :

node {
   stage('Prepare') {
      git '
https://github.com/jenkins-demo/simple-maven-project-with-tests.git'
   }
   stage('Build') {
       withMaven(maven: 'Maven 3.5.3', mavenOpts: '-Djansi.force=true') {
           ansiColor('xterm') {
             sh "mvn clean package -Dstyle.color=always
-Dmaven.test.failure.ignore=true"
           }
       }
   }
}

I think jansi.force is required because we don't detect a real terminal

--
-----
Arnaud Héritier