Maven master branch build is failing on ASF Jenkins for one week

looks related to TLS 1.2 only support on https://www.apache.org/, when the
build is currently done with JDK 7u80 which has TLS 1.2 disabled by default
I tried to enable TLS 1.2 adding "-Dhttps.protocols=TLSv1,TLSv1.1,TLSv1.2"
option, but it does not work (works for dependencies download through Maven
Artifact Resolver + Wagon, but the failing code uses directly
java.net.URL.openStream() )

IMHO, the simplest solution is to update our Maven core Jenkinsfile to build
with Java 8, since it's completely decoupled from the ITs run (happening with
misc JDK and OSes)

Any objection?

Regards,

Hervé

Le vendredi 18 mai 2018, 22:55:37 CEST Apache Jenkins Server a écrit :
> See https://builds.apache.org/job/maven-box/job/maven/job/master/14/

[...]