Am 2019-05-28 um 22:17 schrieb Enrico Olivelli:
Hi,
Is there any rule to add a reference to a contributor in the contributors
section of the pom.xml of a plugin.

For instance today I have merged a PR from a new time contributor to the
maven jdeps plugin.
Should I add his email/reference to the pom of that plugin?

I remember that the first time I contributed to the war plugin the
committer added me to the list of contributors to the project.
It was very exciting as a first time contribution for me.

I have personally stopped doing this because

1) their names show up in the Git commit, in Subversion I have added a Submitted-by line. Credit is fully retained
2) I highly doubt that someone will ever read that page generated by MPIR

Michael