> It was very exciting as a first time contribution for me.

This would indeed be a good reason to do so.
With GDPR in mind it is probably better to ask the contributor to add its own
name to the pom file.

Robert
On 28-5-2019 22:24:17, Enrico Olivelli <eolive...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,
Is there any rule to add a reference to a contributor in the contributors
section of the pom.xml of a plugin.

For instance today I have merged a PR from a new time contributor to the
maven jdeps plugin.
Should I add his email/reference to the pom of that plugin?

I remember that the first time I contributed to the war plugin the
committer added me to the list of contributors to the project.
It was very exciting as a first time contribution for me.

Enrico