On 6 Oct 2019, at 9:14, Hervé BOUTEMY wrote:

> if anybody cares about the exact value: but
> who really looks at the timestamp of entries in release zips/jars/tar.gz
> honestly?

I've actually done so in the past trying to find differences between two
versions of a jar for repair reasons.

VERY infrequent tho - if you're wanting to generate a delta-patch between two
jars/zips then I guess it might also be handy (altho you might be better off
going direct for checksumdifferences  there ).

---
"The ease with which a change can be implemented has no relevance at all to
whether it is the right change for the (Java) Platform for all time." —
Mark Reinhold.

Mark Derricutt
http://www.theoryinpractice.net
http://www.chaliceofblood.net