Agree we should publish with an asf account and make it part of the release
process.
That said I still fail to see how you can add a relevant cache. Maybe take
the time to review plugin version in a few asf projects (let say
maven-surefire, geronimo-openapi and spark) and check out if it works to
cache anything.

Romain Manni-Bucau