True but JUL is also there since more time, no?

More seriously I think most plugins stick to getLog and bridge the output
cause otherwise the behavior is often undefined depending the stack.

For ex, exec:java maven plugin generally breaks slf4j binding, so most impl
caring of logs (:run) just forward it to the secured api which is Log.

If we want to discuss plugin logging api i think we need another thread but
i wouldnt pick slf4j.