On Tue, 14 Jul 2020 at 16:37, Maarten Mulders <mthmuld...@apache.org> wrote:

> Good part is, even though I followed the docs I couldn't get it to work
> for even one repo (maven-site). It still has the "Squash & merge" button.
>
> The guide I was proposing was for working with pull requests submitted
> by contributors, not for creating them. So I wasn't planning to add any
> words on when to create a pull request or not.
>
> I do agree that there's a lot of email generated. Sometimes even
> multiple emails with the same content in them. I think we should solve
> that by sending less notifications, not by creating less pull requests.

good point :) but remember we are commit then review mode
So for trivial change (such typo or some very ezy change) you don't need to.
Don't be scared to push without review, perso I will never blame someone
because he is doing something :)
If you're not confident with your changes go ahead and create PR
(especially if you want CI build) but please don't turn this into some
bureaucratic stuff.....

(welcome in the jungle with everyone having different opinion :) )

There must be a way, somewhere, to disable either the Github ones or the