Better to know the issues and slowly fix them then get hit with a load
of issues blocking users.

Unlike the 1st 20 years of Java where deprecated didn't really mean
anything at all... Since Java 9 the guidelines are 1 release with
deprecation warning and then things can be
removed/dropped/delete/refactored in the following release. So we got
use to probably ignoring those warnings and we probably now need to
pay attention.

I know I would prefer refactoring code with warnings instead of
refactoring code with errors.

Also in 6 months time Java 18 EA will be branched from the Java 17
Release Candidate... Potentially it could drop support for bytecode
version 54.0 and older as why have support for more than 2 LTS
versions (11 and 17)...

John

John