The class cache is also available since Java 8 in the OpenJ9 VM, which also
has faster startup times in most cases (for me).
Not sure if the scc is portable when using different Java language levels,
though.

But you can give it a try:

https://www.eclipse.org/openj9/docs/shrc/

Other than that, I use mvnd at work and we never had problems on any
project. We consistently save time without the need of adding the -T
parameter manually. Another big question is probably: is there enough
community demand to merge it into core?

Tbh, I expected more mails on this thread.