The best would be to transform the example in an integration test I think as described in the ticket.

From my side the fix is ready to go, but I currently a bit busy and don't have time yet to create the ITest as requested by michael...

Am 31.03.22 um 23:20 schrieb Max Rydahl Andersen:
Hi,

The [rather tricky regression](https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-7432) in 3.8.5 breaks dependency resolution when using profiles.

It is now causing users to open [issues](https://github.com/quarkusio/quarkus/issues/24643) [against](https://github.com/quarkusio/quarkus/issues/24644) Quarkus since the maven plugins cannot be loaded since using profiles messes up dependency resolution causing all kind of "fun" side-effects.

Any chance a 3.8.6 can be made to fix this regression or are we forced to add in 3.8.5 version detection to try to do an approximation of the dependency resolution? Something I really would like to avoid if at all possible.

There exist already a [PR](https://github.com/apache/maven/pull/695/files) to fix the issue.

Anything we can do to get that out ?

Thank you,
/max