Big +1 for an alternative format, but not sure HOCON is the best of all
those out there.
It surely is one of the better ones, though.

Big plus is easiness to humans, no deps, external docs.

However, TOML gained some popularity.  I'd say Maven should ship no more
than one alternative to XML. And while HOCON is a great candidate, so is
TOML. TOML is much easier to parse.

But HOCON is good for me, too. I just hope completion support / markup /
schema is a thing. Otherwise maintaining the pom documents could be a
little cumbersome.

All in all, +1 to what Romain said.

Am Mi., 7. Juni 2023 um 18:02 Uhr schrieb Guillaume Nodet <gno...@apache.org