Le 2023-10-29 à 20 h 58, Romain Manni-Bucau a écrit :

Is it really different since part of options are related so either we align on the jvm making using maven location mapping easier or we fully integrate but means we must detect errors in options which is for me a hard task

Why do we need to detect errors in options, isn't the Java error message sufficient? The Java error messages are already quite informative regarding those options (after we learned the philosophy).

side note: please think about transitivity, here with the proposal you must define *all* your transitive deps in your consumer pom. Completely changes the maven philosophy.

Why would we need to declare all transitive dependencies? The <type>module</type> element in the pom.xml of each dependency would apply.

    Martin