Howdy,

I intentionally used "Maven" here, and not "Maven 4" as I am sure the
majority of Maven users do not run Maven on the same Java version they
target with their build. We do not do that either.

Some snippets from Herve (who is the ONLY one doing reproducible checks,
kudos for that) votes:

Sun, Feb 18, 2024, 9:38 AM
[VOTE] Release Apache Maven Shade Plugin version 3.5.2
Reproducible Build ok: reference build done with JDK 11 on *nix

Wed, Jan 31, 2024, 5:06 AM
[VOTE] Release Apache Maven JLink Plugin version 3.2.0
Reproducible Builds ok: reference build done on *nix with JDK 21 and umask
022

Mon, Jan 8, 2024, 8:29 AM
[VOTE] Release Maven Plugin Tools version 3.11.0
Reproducible Builds ok: reference build done with JDK 8 on Windows with
umask

Mon, Dec 18, 2023, 8:59 AM
[VOTE] Release Apache Maven Compiler Plugin version 3.12.0
Reproducible Builds ok: reference build done on *nix with JDK 21 and umask
022

Mon, Dec 18, 2023, 8:59 AM
[VOTE] Release Apache Maven Compiler Plugin version 3.12.0
Reproducible Builds ok: reference build done on *nix with JDK 21 and umask
022

Wed, Nov 29, 2023, 8:16 AM
[VOTE] Apache Maven Build Cache Extension 1.1.0
Reproducible Build ok: reference build done on *nix with JDK 11

Sun, Nov 19, 2023, 5:17 PM
[VOTE] Release Maven Resolver 1.9.17
Reproducible Build ok: reference build done with JDK 21 on *nix with umask
022

Sat, Oct 21, 2023, 4:34 PM
VOTE] Apache Maven 4.0.0-alpha-8 release
Reproducible Build ok: reference build done with JDK 21 on *nix with umask
022

Mon, Oct 2, 2023, 9:11 AM
[VOTE] Release Apache Maven 3.9.5
Reproducible not fully ok: reference build done with JDK 17 on *nix and
umask 022

====

This CLEARLY shows the tendency:
- Michael does releases on Java 8 (on windows!), he is a known "aligner"
and windows person :)
- Olivier used the "minimum" required Java version (for build cache).
- Unsure why Herve used Java 11 for the Shade plugin... I mean, he could
use 21 but also 8, but he shot for 11 that was EOL at the moment of release.
- The rest is 21.

====

So, the question for those refusing anything other than Java 8 to _run_
Maven (or to revert: for those refusing to run Maven on "latest LTS", that
is currently 21):
WHY?

Thanks