hi Tamasz,

I think you're right on maven-dependency-tree, as it was with maven-artifact-
transfer

I'm not really convinced *many* shared stuff should be dropped: IMHO, over-
generalization

And I think that when replacing a shared stuff with direct use of an existing
API, in fact what normal people are looking for is documentation on how to
migrate: the shared components have one great advantage = they show a quite
simple API that is easy to use, but it's not so easy to find the replacement
hidden inside many big APIs

I'm supportive to deprecating maven-dependency-tree and also finally drop
officially maven-artifact-transfer which has not been done yet.
What I'd like is that some clear documentation is written on how to migrate
away from these deprecated components

If you see any other shared component that deserve such plan, don't hesitate
to share: I don't see so many cases

Regards,

Hervé