Hi every one,

I would like introduce archiver-maven-plugin.  It is a cut down version of
maven-assembly-plugin with the following functionalities.

  1. Smaller feature scope - compression/archiving only

  2. Descriptor's objects are exposed through plugin's configuration.
     This way, we can take advantage of expression processing provided by
the POM.

  3. Install and deploy are thru artifact attachments.

  4. No direct DependencySet support, user can use dependency-maven-plugin
instead.

I am still struggling to decide if spinning this plugin off
maven-assembly-plugin,
is a good idea.  However by cutting down feature scope, the plugin will be
very
stable in the long term.

Suggestions?

Thanks