I think the specific use case is to make it get into filtered resources.
It would be better if it was just available without a plugin but in
2.0.x there isn't any other way apparently.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason van Zyl [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, December 14, 2006 3:42 PM
To: Maven Developers List
Subject: Re: Maven-timestamp-plugin

On 14 Dec 06, at 3:22 PM 14 Dec 06, Brian E. Fox wrote:

> In a #maven discussion, it was uncovered that a timestamp plugin was
> written for the geronimo project.
>
> Is there any interest in bringing this into maven-plugins for others
> to use?

Is it simply to put the timestamp in various resources?. For 2.0.4 users
this would be good, but I think we can also work toward providing a
standard set of properties that can be used in mojos or documentation.
So that something like the timestamp would be available with an
expression like ${timestamp} in a mojo or an Apt/ Xdoc document.

Jason.