Wendy Smoak-3 wrote:

> On 4/21/07, Jose Alberto Fernandez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Well, having the documentation not reflecting the released plugins but
>> SNAPSHOTs is not helpful to any user.
>
> We're discussing this now in a different thread.  Please add your
> comments there if you have a preference.
> http://www.nabble.com/Publishing-plugin-docs-t3621488.html
>
>> And having a documentation that does
>> not indicate which feature of a plugin was added on which version is also
>> major fault.
>
> But the plugin docs should already point out what version a feature
> appeared in.  If you find this isn't true, please point out examples
> so we can fix it.

A good example can be found at:
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin/assembly.html
The whole definition of the descriptor has no info on what is available on
which version. It becomes a huge trial and error exercise.

Will try following the discussion on the other thread, thanks.

Jose Alberto