IMHO it should be fixed before 2.0.7. If not, the
release process will be broken (the scm tag will be
done even if something goes wrong during the build).

--- Brett Porter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> a écrit :

> It's possibly a problem in the windows batch file in
> 2.0.7 - I think
> it was changed and it may no longer be correctly
> propogating the
> error code.
>
> - Brett
>
> On 14/06/2007, at 1:07 AM, Jason van Zyl wrote:
>
> > Is this not a release plugin problem?
> >
> > If this error halted your build, was this with an
> older version of
> > the release plugin?
> >
> > On 13 Jun 07, at 8:01 AM 13 Jun 07, Julien HENRY
> wrote:
> >
> >> (non-binding) -1
> >>
> >> I just tried to prepare a release in a
> multi-module
> >> project. Usually, the release:prepare failed
> (because
> >> Maven does not find released dependent artifact).
> An
> >> easy fix was to run
> >> and then
> >> again.
> >>
> >> The problem I have with maven-2.0.7 is release
> >> preparation was not stopped (build is
> successful). The
> >> exception was ignored, and the release is not
> safe
> >> (what happend when it is a serious error?)
> >>
> >> Here is the log :
> >>
> >> [INFO] [release:prepare]
> >> [INFO] Verifying that there are no local
> >> modifications...
> >> [INFO] Executing: svn --non-interactive status
> >> [INFO] Working directory: XXXXXXXX
> >> [INFO] Checking dependencies and plugins for
> snapshots
> >> What is the release version for "XXXXXXX"?
> (XXXXXXXXX)
> >> 3.0.11: :
> >> What is the release version for "YYYYYYYY"?
> >> (YYYYYYYYYYYY) 3.0.11: :
> >> What is SCM release tag or label for "XXXXXXXXX"?
> >> (XXXXXXXXX) xxxxxx-3.0.11: :
> >> What is the new development version for
> "XXXXXXXXXXX"?
> >> (XXXXXXXXX) 3.0.12-SNAPSHOT: :
> >> What is the new development version for
> >> "YYYYYYYYYYYY"? (YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY)
> 3.0.12-SNAPSHOT:
> >> :
> >> [INFO] Transforming 'XXXXXXXXXXX'...
> >> [INFO] Transforming 'YYYYYYYYYYY'...
> >> [INFO] Executing preparation goals 'clean
> >> integration-test'...
> >> [INFO] Executing: mvn clean integration-test
> [...]
D:\Projets\xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx\target\YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY-3.0.11
> >>     [INFO] Copy webapp webResources to
> >> D:\Projets\xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx\target
> >> \YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY-3.0.11
> >>     [INFO]

> >> ---
> >>     [ERROR] FATAL ERROR
> >>     [INFO]

> >> ---
> >>     [INFO] basedir C:\Documents and
> >>
> Settings\jhenry\.m2\repository\xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >> \YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY\3.0.11
> >> does not exist
> >>     [INFO]

> >> ---
> >>     [INFO] Trace
> >>     java.lang.IllegalStateException: basedir
> >> C:\Documents and

Settings\jhenry\.m2\repository\xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx\YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

> >> \3.0.11
> >> does not
> >> exist
> >>         at
> >> org.codehaus.plexus.util.DirectoryScanner.scan
> >> (DirectoryScanner.java:542)
> >>         at

org.apache.maven.plugin.war.AbstractWarMojo.getWarFiles

> >> (AbstractWarMojo.java:824)
> >>         at

org.apache.maven.plugin.war.AbstractWarMojo.copyResources

> >> (AbstractWarMojo.java:408)
> >>         at

org.apache.maven.plugin.war.AbstractWarMojo.buildWebapp

> >> (AbstractWarMojo.java:518)
> >>         at

org.apache.maven.plugin.war.AbstractWarMojo.buildExplodedWebapp

> >> (AbstractWarMojo.java:347)
> >>         at

org.apache.maven.plugin.war.WarMojo.performPackaging(WarMojo.java:

> >> 164)
> >>         at

org.apache.maven.plugin.war.WarMojo.execute(WarMojo.java:130)
> >>         at

org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo

> >> (DefaultPluginManager.java:443)
> >>         at

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals

> >> (DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:539)

=== message truncated ===