Hi,

I have made a great attempt to push all configuration of anything possible to configure in Maven to this class:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/components/trunk/maven-embedder/ src/main/java/org/apache/maven/embedder/execution/ DefaultMavenExecutionRequestPopulator.java

For anyone not familiar with the core in 2.1, we populate a MavenExecutionRequest and that is used in the MavenEmbedder.execute ( request ) method to carry out what you know Maven to do. The Maven CLI for 2.1.x uses the MavenEmbedder along with the IDE integration. The class above takes care of populating any defaults in the request before it is passed to the embedder. So if anyone is interested in trying to track down bugs with:

- settings
- profiles
- update policies
- checksum policies
- wagon configurations: servers, proxies

Then you can look in the request class and you will also want to look in the CLI class to see how the request is populated from command line options:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/components/trunk/maven-embedder/ src/main/java/org/apache/maven/cli/MavenCli.java

Between these two (at least for command line use) you should be able track down some of the easier configuration problems or bugs. There's still all sorts operations going on in the core like the merging of profiles, plugin configurations and what not, but the initial configuration is now all located in one place if anyone wants to take a shot of fixing anything here:

http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa? mode=hide&requestId=12412

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl