Ok, well in that case you don't need clone, you just needed to flip all the get/set's like you did and continue using the copy constructor.

On 15/02/2008, at 12:59 PM, Carlos Sanchez wrote:

I dont know why it is there, but it is, line 314
https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/maven/shared/trunk/maven-archiver/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/archiver/MavenArchiver.java?annotate=627672

emmanuel comment is
we have to clone the project instance so we can write out the pom with
the deployment version, without impacting the main project instance...