On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 11:28 AM, Brett Porter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> - Why release now?
>
> 163 fixes, 32 months since 2.0. 'Nuff said.

[...]

> best of our knowledge - doesn't have any regressions from 2.0.x. This is
> really a necessary platform before making further, bigger changes.

I know that the roadmap is different, but if I could choose, then I'd
be clearly in favor of using this alpha release as the baseline of a
new stable release. As you wrote above, there *already are* more than
enough good reasons to switch from 2.0 to 2.1 and its been quite some
time since the last stable branch. The "further, bigger changes"
could, IMO, be moved to 2.2.

Jochen

--
Look, that's why there's rules, understand? So that you think before
you break 'em.

 -- (Terry Pratchett, Thief of Time)