Barrie Treloar wrote:
On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 2:05 AM, Oleg Gusakov
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
At the moment - metadata includes a URI to the actual binary. I am working
on integrating it with a new delivery vehicle, and that will be the "first"
found. So all is defined by the order of repositories. As Nexus repository
manager hides all those complexities - I don't want to worry too much about
this issue for now, in most cases - Nexus will be the only repository
visible on the client anyway.

Can you explain this a bit further please?
The client should be using the correct URI for the request, but is
redirected to the the "proxy".
So the repository order should not impact the metadata resolution.
I outlined the "3 phase" resolution process in http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVEN/SAT+Based+Dependency+Resolution

In short - metadata is collected first. The piece of metadata is URI of the binary. Then dependency tree [graph] - is resolved for conflicts, which leaves only valid artifacts metadata. Then this metadata is used to locate and download the actual binaries. Whatever URI Nexus will give me with the metadata, will be used to get the binary.

If Nexus is not in the picture and remote repositories are dumb http file systems, the order will matter. The one where md is found, will be in the URI. Which will be the one first searched - TBD

Oleg