Barrie Treloar wrote:
On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 1:49 AM, Oleg Gusakov
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
To clarify: the new resolver only cares about metadata, not actual binary.
Current artifact, even as late as 3.0-SN, dictates that even when you try to
get artifact metadata, you get all the goods in the local repo, and then get
the metadata. I am trying the other way around - get metadata only, resolve
conflicts, and then download actual artifacts that are required.

Oleg

Are you handling the problem of "Single Artifact can not be available
on multiple repositories"?
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVENUSER/Patching+Maven+Plugins
http://www.nabble.com/forum/ViewPost.jtp?post=7884079&framed=y&skin=177

The metadata needs to include the repository that the artifact is
available from.
At the moment - metadata includes a URI to the actual binary. I am working on integrating it with a new delivery vehicle, and that will be the "first" found. So all is defined by the order of repositories. As Nexus repository manager hides all those complexities - I don't want to worry too much about this issue for now, in most cases - Nexus will be the only repository visible on the client anyway.

Oleg
 At the moment i think it uses the "last" repository
searched.

Cheers
Barrie