Brett Porter wrote:
I don't think this is surprising, however I think targeting JDK 1.4 but being able to run Java 5 is going to be common in this scenario (consider most IDEs require JRE 5.0 now), and for those who can't even do that, then they still have the option of using Maven 2.0.x, or contributing retrotranslation support :)

Cheers,
Brett

Actually, version 7.0 of IntelliJ for Linux says it requires Java 6. Its been out for almost a year now.

Ralph