What I'm starting to notice on this end is that it uses a bit more memory - probably in the middle of the build - than 2.0.9. This is evident in the max VM size at the end of the build, more than the final memory consumption. It seems that leaving the maven build at the default 64M VM size, it takes a long time to build. I think having a smaller max VM size may be causing it to thrash the GC, but that's just a guess.

I had attributed this memory increase to the change in the assembly plugin version, but maybe it has more to do with the changes to the lifecycle executor to fix detection of reactorProject/session parameter usage (which is used to determine whether Maven really needs to calculate the concrete state for each project in the reactor for that plugin's execution).

I'll take a closer look; is the CXF build where this number comes from?

-john

Daniel Kulp wrote:
John,

The performance issue is back:

For CXF/tunk:
mvn install -Pdeploy,everything,nochecks

2.0.9:
Total time: 8 minutes 35 seconds

2.0.10-RC9:
Total time: 19 minutes