On Thu, 2008-08-14 at 20:37 -0700, Dan Fabulich wrote:

> I've checked in a new plugin to the sandbox called the "Maven Reactor
> Plugin".  You can use it to build a subset of interdependent projects in a
> reactor.  It should be useful in large reactor builds that include
> irrelevant stuff you're not working on.

Nice, this could really improve development speed when working on large
projects.

> It includes the following goals:
>
> reactor:make - build a project X and all of the reactor projects on which
>    X depends
>    Example: mvn reactor:make -Dmake.folders=foo,bar

Would it make more sense for the make.folders parameter to be named
make.modules to keep it consistent with the same concept in multi-module
builds?

Would this work with nested multi-module projects?  E.g.
root-project
- common-components
-- mail
-- security
-- preferences
- business-logic
- web-services

Where:
web-services depends on security and business-logic
business-logic depends on mail and preferences

Then run at root-project: mvn reactor:make -Dmake.folders=web-services .
Will this figure out that web-services, security, business-logic, mail,
and preferences need to be built and do that?

As well can these commands be invoked from within one of the modules or
do they have to be run at the root-project?

When I get a chance I'll try this on one of our larger projects and let
you know if there's any problems.

Cheers,
Jamie.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any files attached may contain
confidential and proprietary information of Alcatel-Lucent and/or its
affiliated entities. Access by the intended recipient only is authorized. Any
liability arising from any party acting, or refraining from acting, on any
information contained in this e-mail is hereby excluded. If you are not the
intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately, destroy the original
transmission and its attachments and do not disclose the contents to any other
person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium.
Copyright in this e-mail and any attachments belongs to Alcatel-Lucent and/or
its affiliated entities.