2008/12/4 Barrie Treloar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> There is talk about a plugin (can't recall which) that can lock down
> the version of plugins and also tell you if newer versions are
> available, so you can selectively decide to upgrade.  But I am not
> sure if such a plugin exists yet.

That would be the versions-maven-plugin which is 24 hours away from
1.0-alpha-2 (I hope) over on mojo.

You define the versions of dependencies using properties.  If you put the
properties inside a hard range then you have effectively locked the version
down.  Then the versions-maven-plugin can update the properties for you.  In
addition, you can define the range within which each property can be
updated...

The goal you're after is versions:update-properties