ok, I understand: for you, the tasks code is big then it is difficult to
integrate Mercury, and for me, Mercury is big then it is difficult to
integrate it into the tasks.  :)

For the doc and the overall logic, now that the doc has been rewritten, split
into parts (big thank you Dennis), learning Maven Ant Tasks should be easier:
the usage section is a good introduction
http://maven.apache.org/ant-tasks/usage.html

but this Mercury change is a chance to have a second look at the tasks
organization to improve their usability.

I had a second look at MERCURY-48 for the proposed syntax.
Like for the compact dependency syntax, I see some areas of
improvements/simplifications in it. On the other hand, I see some unneeded
changes, like dep instead of dependencies, write instead of deploy.

I think good ideas from your proposal can be merged with existing syntax:
- config to assemble local repo, remote repo and settings (these 3 should not
have their name changed IMHO)
- separation of dependencies and resolve tasks

I'll work on it more closely next days.

Regards,

Hervé