Herve,

It also works now - I can compile java with mercury supplied jars. You can checkout the Mercury trunk. Unfortunately - thank to unknown samaritan - I cannot logon to people.apache.org and cannot deploy snapshots, so you'll have to install Mercury snapshots and package mecrcury-ant: it creates a shaded ..-all.jar that contains everything, including maven trunk components.

Then look at build.xml in the root on mercury-ant-tasks project.

My plan is outlined in http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MERCURY-10, I hope to finish all major functionality early next week, then we can tweak/modify anything to your heart's desire :)

Thanks,
Oleg

Hervé BOUTEMY wrote:
ok, I understand: for you, the tasks code is big then it is difficult to integrate Mercury, and for me, Mercury is big then it is difficult to integrate it into the tasks. :)

For the doc and the overall logic, now that the doc has been rewritten, split into parts (big thank you Dennis), learning Maven Ant Tasks should be easier: the usage section is a good introduction http://maven.apache.org/ant-tasks/usage.html

but this Mercury change is a chance to have a second look at the tasks organization to improve their usability.

I had a second look at MERCURY-48 for the proposed syntax.
Like for the compact dependency syntax, I see some areas of improvements/simplifications in it. On the other hand, I see some unneeded changes, like dep instead of dependencies, write instead of deploy.

I think good ideas from your proposal can be merged with existing syntax:
- config to assemble local repo, remote repo and settings (these 3 should not have their name changed IMHO)
- separation of dependencies and resolve tasks

I'll work on it more closely next days.

Regards,

Hervé