Honestly, I think the lines:

            <configuration>
              <passphrase>${gpg.passphrase}</passphrase>
            </configuration>

need to be taken out of the config for the gpg plugin.   I think that will end
up conflicting with other settings.  (like using an agent which is what I do)
With the latest releases of the release plugin and gpg plugins, if you DON'T
pass it on the command line or in settings.xml, it will just prompt you for
the passphrase.   Thus, it's not needed in the config.

Dan

On Mon April 20 2009 11:05:50 pm Brian Fox wrote:
> Time to release the updated parent poms:
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/apache-staging-011/org/a
>pache/apache/6/apache-6.pom
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-staging-012/org/ap
>ache/maven/maven-parent/12/maven-parent-12.pom
>
> The changes were described in a previous thread:
> "We currently have some expectations about what artifacts are created
> for apache builds, such as javadocs and source jars, and specifically
> artifact signatures. Currently each project must configure the current
> release profile in their own top level pom. This raises the bar of entry
> for new projects and creates more work for us to help them get it sorted
> out.
>
> I'd like to take the maven release profile and release plugin config and
> push it up to the apache pom to make it consistent and easy for all
> apache projects to produce proper releases.  I think to do it and avoid
> conflicts with any existing profiles, I would change the profile name
> from "release" to "apache-release" and activate that by default. Does
> anyone see any downsides to this?"
>
> In addition to moving the profile, I pulled up the pluginManagement and
> the default source encoding. I think if these things are best practices
> for the Maven project, they can be default best practices for any Apache
> project as well.
>
> Vote is open for 72hrs:
>
> +1

Daniel Kulp