On 1 November 2010 21:37, Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org> wrote:
> On 2010-11-01 22:10, Stephen Connolly wrote:
>> Then -1 the commits.
>>
>> We have a commit first, ask forgiveness second policy in maven last time I
>> checked
>
> So do you think that it's OK for someone to pull the rug from under your
> feet, while you are working on something?
>
> (as in my work on the Stage Plugin)

I think it's rude / bad form, but we all have the ability to

svn merge . -c -1000563
svn ci -m "putting the rug back under my feet"

or whatever revision number it was

and ultimately, the Apache Maven policy is review after commit, this
kind of thing can happen with review after commit... the only
difference is the scale with respect to the refactoring... one could
argue that the refactoring I made in surefire (to pool common code
between failsafe and surefire) was worse than a simple folder
copy/delete operation [because it rendered patches a lot harder to
apply if they were pre-refactoring, whereas a folder relocation can be
recovered from with either a svn sw to the new location and commit, or
else by reverse merging from a clean checkout]