On 2011-07-05 22:00, Olivier Lamy wrote:
> 2011/7/5 Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>:
>>>
>>> Great, thanks!

>>> I'll have a look at it.
>>
>> From what I can tell a reportSets/reportSet/reports/report and
>> reports/report are treated as equals in maven-reporting-exec. I don't
>> know whether they are both supported in Maven 2. Perhaps Olivier knows?
>
> Yup correct.
> I don't really understand the TODO here.
>
> Maybe to explain that something is not (yet) supported in site plugin for m3.
> This syntax (same plugin but different configuration for report : The
> complex xml tree with reportSet was in place for that.) :
>
>             <reportSets>
>               <reportSet>
>                 <configuration>
>                   <wine>Bordeaux</wine>
>                 </configuration>
>                 <reports>
>                   <report>foo</report>
>                 </reports>
>               </reportSet>
>               <reportSet>
>                 <configuration>
>                   <wine>Anjou</wine>
>                 </configuration>
>                 <reports>
>                   <report>bar</report>
>                 </reports>
>               </reportSet>
>             </reportSets>

I seems to me that the <reportSets> syntax has more ways of applying
configuration than <reports> do. It can have configuration on several
different levels, and also have different configurations for different
reports.

That said, we should have an example that shows how to do the same thing
in Maven 2 and Maven 3. Not two different things, like it is now. I'll
try to revise the examples so that it compares apples to apples, and not
apples to oranges. To avoid getting into configuration madness, I'll try
to keep them as simple as possible.

>>> To pull off this release we must also make a first release of
>>> maven-reporting-exec, right? Since you have done most of the work on it,
>>> would you like to release it? If not I can do it.

>> --
>> Dennis Lundberg

Dennis Lundberg