I think doing RCs like we have done in the past for all other 3.x releases
might be a good idea.

On Nov 29, 2011, at 4:00 AM, Olivier Lamy wrote:

> So due to issues when releasing project and missing md5/sha1 on some
> env whereas not on other.
> The vote is cancelled for more investigations.
>
> 2011/11/25 Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'd like to release Apache Maven 3.0.4.
>>
>> We fixed 31 issues.
>> See release notes:
>> http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10500&version=17215
>>
>> The staged repo is available here:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-244/ .
>>
>> The staged distributions are available here:
>> http://people.apache.org/builds/maven/3.0.4/
>>
>> As we are near the week end, the vote will be a 5 days vote (which is
>> around 120 hours)
>>
>> [+1]
>> [0]
>> [-1]
>>
>> Here my +1
>>
>> Thanks,
>> --
>> Olivier Lamy
>> Talend: http://coders.talend.com
>

> --
> Olivier Lamy
> Talend: http://coders.talend.com

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

People develop abstractions by generalizing from concrete examples.
Every attempt to determine the correct abstraction on paper without
actually developing a running system is doomed to failure. No one
is that smart. A framework is a resuable design, so you develop it by
looking at the things it is supposed to be a design of. The more examples
you look at, the more general your framework will be.

  -- Ralph Johnson & Don Roberts, Patterns for Evolving Frameworks