Hi,
The main issue I see is non backward comp for tools implementing their
own ModelProblemCollector.
I don't have issue to change signature but for future enhancement if
needed here, I would prefer to see something more easy to change and
don't break again backward comp in the future.
So instead more parameters

-    void add( ModelProblem.Severity severity, String message,
InputLocation location, Exception cause );

+   void add( ModelProblem.Severity severity, ModelProblem.Version
version, String message, InputLocation location, Exception cause );

I would prefer we use a bean which contains the needed informations.
something like: void add( ModelProblemCollector
modelProblemCollectorRequest ); (or an other name :-) ).

Makes sense ?

2012/6/29 Milos Kleint <mkle...@gmail.com>:
> hello,
>
> I've prepared a patch for MavenModelBuilder and related code that
> hopefully will improve the performance of NetBeans
> integration/embedding. The basic idea is to have all validation
> problems collected but only fail to build the Mavenproject instance
> when serious base problems are found (validation level minimal).
>
> See http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-5306 for details and links to
> patch. I haven't submitted to maven codebase for a while so I'd like
> to have a review before integrating, Thanks.
>
> Milos Kleint

Olivier Lamy
Talend: http://coders.talend.com