On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 6:54 PM, Barrie Treloar <baerr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 7:49 AM, Wayne Fay <wayne...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Rev 1364633 is a small contribution to more stuff to link to.
>>
>> Also on the Windows pre-reqs page, it might be nice to say something
>> about antivirus software sometimes preventing Java from running
>> properly, or Windows Firewall (and various other Firewalls) actively
>> preventing Java.exe from reaching out to the Internet to "download
>> stuff" which is a key part of Maven -- so that users will know to add
>> exceptions to grant such actions.

How about this:

Maven is a command-line development tool intended for use by
experienced software developers. As such, it does not come in a
package with an installer, and all of the available documentation
assumes that you are familiar with command-line tools. You have to be
prepared to install and work with tools like this to use Maven.

If you aren't comfortable with tools like this, but you need to use
Maven for some reason, you will need to find assistance, and the Maven
user community is not a great place to get it, since that community
expects that users have this level of skill and experience.