On 27 August 2012 18:09, Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 12:07 PM, Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de> wrote:
> > build1 and build 2 are different modules or different mvn invocations
> with some time inbetween?
> >
> > Of course we will need to test all plugins to behave incremental like!
> Means the maven-shade-plugin should check itself whether it needs shading
> or not at all.
>
> Two builds, separated in time, of exactly the same module.
>
> The problem here is that the jar plugin has already decided not to
> rebuild the jar by the time the shade plugin gets there, and I have no
> idea how to make the shade plugin play along.

Any chance we can get the jar plugin to inspect some of the artifacts that
it generates into the jar to see if they are consistent with what the jar
plugin produces...

I'm looking at you META-INF/MANIFEST.MF

I.O.W. if the

Created-By: Apache Maven 3.0.4 (Maven JAR Plugin)

is switched to

Created-By: Apache Maven 3.0.4 (Maven Shade Plugin)

Then the Maven JAR plugin can infer that the timestamp check is pointless,
and force regen

-Stephen