And, as I commented in
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/Scheme+for+managing+Maven+source+in+Git,
I think we're perfectly happy just to keep the current module
structure. There may be some opportunities related to changing it, but
I think most of us can agree on just keeping up the existing top-level
modules. (Some of the current asf git clones are not good, but that's
a different issue)

So at the end of the day, most of this discussion is really about if
we can be even smarter ;) And sorry for insulting cvs users out there,
I feel your pain.

Kristian