I'm fairly sure this didn't work in Maven 2.x. It was one of the
unsolvable Maven 2.x bugs which was fixed in Maven 3. The workaround
would be to use an older released version of the plugin. Don't think
running a build twice is/was a workable workaround as I can't see how
that would work in a release process.

/Anders