+1 on giving people one week from the Jason's initial mail in this thread.

Will the release be a RC or the real deal? We've had this discussion before
and I honestly don't remember what we decided, but I think cutting a RC
first for core is good. So maybe cut a RC now and have us/people test that
in parallel to the slf4j isolation objection period?

/Anders